After the success of the original game, and then the addition of The Walking Dead version, it must be said that The Escapists 2 is hotly anticipated. Today Team17 and Mouldy Toof Studios have announced not just the release date and price, but have also dropped details on bonus which will be coming the way of all those who pre-order.
So, first things first, The Escapists 2 is set to break out onto Xbox One, PS4 and PC come August 22nd 2017, whilst a Nintendo Switch version will follow at a later date. With a £19.99/$19.99/19,99 € price tag in place, should you be looking for something more from your sandbox prison-escape titles, then this will be the game for you. Featuring full drop in/drop out multiplayer for up to four players across both the local and online lines, a strict prison schedule to work your way around, and no less than ten prisons included from the get-go, you can be sure of a strategically fun time.
If you like what you’re seeing and wish to pre-order, then you will get access to an additional prison, The Glorious Regime. In this pulse-pounding penitentiary, players will experience the thrill of escaping a hidden compound deep in the jungle. You’ll need determination and drive to avoid the unquestioningly devoted guards, constant surveillance, and the Illustrious Leader himself, in your bid for freedom.
If that isn’t enough and you cannot wait until release date, then you are able to design your own inmate ahead of time with the launch of the ‘Create-a-Con’ avatar creation website. Head on over to www.theescapists2game.com, select from a host of customisations to design your Escapist and then export the results for your social media profile.
The Escapists 2 features include:
- A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
- 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even a trip to the final frontier!
- Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players**
- Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
- A brand new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
- Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
- New ways to escape
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!