DJ Hero and DJ Hero 2 will hold a special place in the heart. Whether it was fumbling with the controls, repeatedly hammering the Flava Flav “Yeah boiiiii” sample, or trying to find a home for the plastic peripherals, I will always defend the series. Harmonix clearly have it in their hearts too, as FUSER captures that magic and tries something new with it. Fuser is out now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Switch and PC via Steam.
Rather than cellotaping some decks onto the Rock Band franchise, FUSER is a bit more ambitious. There’s a single-player campaign, with challenges that unlock skills for you to use. There’s Freestyle Play, which lets you get your mixtape on, splicing some eclectic tracks from Whitney Houston, The Killers, Cardi B, Deadmaus and more. Then, of course, there’s multiplayer, where you can choose to collaborate or compete with people from around the world. If you’ve never had a deck-off, you’ve never lived.
The potential for authoring mixes and then sharing them online is superb – there’s clearly a lot of possibility here. And if Harmonix pursue the FUSER story as vigorously as they pursued the Rock Band Network, then new track packs are going to be padding it out for years to come. We get the feeling, like Rock Band, that Fuser is going to have a passionate player base for many years to come.
- Play with a library of over 100 songs including tracks from the world’s top artists
- Complete challenges to unlock new skills and content in Campaign play
- Explore, discover and create incredible mixes and custom effects in Freestyle play
- Collaborate or Compete in Multiplayer with players from around world
- Customization options to tailor the look and feel to your unique individual style
- Share your inspired mixes and mind-blowing performances in-game and online
Fuser is out now on Xbox One and Xbox Series X and will cost you £59.99 for the Standard Edition and a whole £99.99 for the VIP Edition. It is that which is the more enticing though, bringing in the base game, 25 additional launch DLC songs, a Gilded Rabbit Helmet, a FUSER Fest Outfit, a Remix Runner Outfit and a Shatterfall Video Wall Pack.
Those tunes are available separately too, either via the bundle titled the FUSER Launch Pack for £37.49, or for £1.69 each. What are they? Well…
- 21 Savage – “a lot”
- Fetty Wrap – “Trap Queen”
- Ini Kamoze – “Here comes the Hotstepper”
- Kelly Clarkson “Stronger”
- Nicki Minaj – “Starships”
- Topic with A7S – “Breaking Me”
- Amerie – “1 Thing”
- The Cranberries – “Linger”
- Soulja Boy Tell Em – “Crank That”
- DJ Snak, J. Balvin & Tyga – Loco Contigo
- Ava Max – “Kings & Queens”
- Usher ft Pitbull – “DJ Got Us Fallin in Love”
- Mark Ronson feat Miley Cyrus – “Nothing Breaks Like a Heart”
- Justin Timerlake – “Rock Your Body”
- French Montana ft Swae Lee – “Unforgettable” Erasure – “A LIttle Respect”
- Evanescence – “Bring Me To Life”
- Glen Campbell – “Gentle On My Mind”
- Kane Brown ft Lauren Alaina – “What Ifs”
- Afrojack ft Eva Simons – “Take Over Control”
- Tone-Loc – Funky Cold Medina”
- Alanis Morissette – “Ironic”
- Bananarama – “Venus”
- Echo and the Bunnymen – Lips Like Sugar”
It’s also out on PS4, PS5, Switch and PC via Steam. Our full review of the game on Xbox is coming soon. The gameplay reveal trailer from a few months back is right below too.
From the creators of Rock Band™ and Dance Central™ comes FUSER™ – a nonstop virtual music festival where you control the music! Combine elements of the world’s most popular songs to create your own sound or partner with friends on epic collaborations, then share your amazing mixes and headlining performances with the world!