We broke out of their prisons before, so no doubt we can do it again. This time though Team17 are bringing us a deeper, more intricate sandbox prison-escape with The Escapists 2.
Revealed at TwitchCon, The Escapists 2 from Mouldy Toof Studis and Team17 should be seen to take everything good about the original game, throwing on the addition of both local splitscreen and online multiplayer modes, new items to craft, a combat system which has been completely revamped, deeper character customisation and all new ways to escape.
The current plan is to see The Escapists 2 release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC in 2017 and it’s announcement tied in nicely with the upcoming price removal of The Escapists thanks to the Xbox Games With Gold scheme for October 2016.
- Multiplayer – In a first for the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in/drop-out play offering both split screen and online play for up to four players in both co-op and versus modes
- New ways to escape – Tie together knotted sheets and use them to climb down high windows in our new multi-level prisons and other new ways to make a break for freedom!
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade taser to knock out guards plus many more!
- New combat system – A completely revamped combat system featuring new lock-on targeting and blocking systems plus light and heavy attacks
- New graphical style – A brand new look immerses players in a deeper, richer world while maintaining that unique The Escapists style
- More character customisation – New customisation options let players tweak their avatar to a whole new level. Play as a girl! Go bald! Sport a mullet! The choice is yours
- More things to do – Join a band! Learn to paint! The Escapists 2 will offer more ways than ever to pass the time whilst incarcerated
“I’m thrilled to be working with my friends at Team17 again to bring this new chapter of The Escapists to life,” said Chris Davis, founder, Mouldy Toof Studios. “The Escapists 2 takes everything the fans loved from the first game and adds in so many new additions and features on top. I can’t wait to see what the fans think!”
“One of my most anticipated features in The Escapists 2 is co-op for up to four players. Multiplayer was something we saw our incredible The Escapists community cry out for in the original game and something I’m so excited to see fully realised in the sequel, both local and online,” said Debbie Bestwick MBE, CEO, Team17. “As a player with quite a few prison escapes under my own belt I can’t wait to work together with my friends on escapes.”
We’ll bring you all the news as and when it drops!