It may be past the time for pumpkins, sweets and dastardly tricks, but Old Moon and Humble Games are not done with the eeriness of spooky season. It’s time to explore a cosmic terror and a desolate alien world, with Ghost Song.
Releasing today on Xbox (via Game Pass!), PlayStation, Switch and PC, Ghost Song sets you on the tired moon Lorian, as some sort of ancient warrior – a Deadsuit – who has awoken with no memories, no purpose, but an intact penchant for killing. It just so happens that Lorian is home to all manner of alien Lovecraftian horrors, ancient mysteries, and tons to discover – better get to it then!
Taking place mostly in the dingy, cavernous underbelly of Lorian, this 2D Metroidvania will have you constantly checking your six – who knows what terrors lurk in the shadows, one attack a way from putting this Deadsuit back to sleep? Luckily you can and will fight back, with a whole host of powerful, customisable weapons and abilities that not only open up the map, but see you slowly gain the upper-hand against your foes.
Further features of Ghost Song include:
- Discover what lies below – Explore the twisting alien tunnels and long-abandoned labs of an expansive, beautifully illustrated Metroidvania-inspired 2D world filled with secret chambers and a haunting history.
- Power up and progress – Acquire potent weapons and game-changing new abilities in the depths, unlocking access to new strata of the moon and optional hidden areas.
- Face challenging foes – Combat the fungal aliens and metal husks of Lorian with responsiveness and precision. Level up your power, and customize your suit and blaster with an arsenal of modules.
- Blast and smash – Master the distinctive rhythm of Deadsuit’s core combat. Pummel enemies with your rapid-fire blaster, building up barrel heat that empowers your melee attacks.
- You are not alone – You’re not the only entity trapped in this unfamiliar place. Encounter a cast of voiced characters and discover their own tales of survival, courage, abandonment, and redemption.
Get to the bottom of this Another World-esque ghoulish mystery today, with the release of Ghost Song on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Switch and PC. For those of you with Game Pass, Ghost Song can be downloaded free of charge – otherwise, the Xbox Store can sort you out for £16.74.
On the desolate moon of Lorian, a long-dormant Deadsuit awakens from slumber—armed and combat-ready, memory clear of purpose. But something new is stirring… Strike out beneath the surface in search of answers in Ghost Song, an atmospheric 2D adventure of self-discovery, ancient mysteries, and cosmic terror. Explore winding caverns lit only by bioluminescent flora, battle strange and powerful creatures, and acquire new abilities to help you unearth this alien world’s long-buried secrets. Descend deep into the darkness—only then will you learn (or is it remember?) the truth.