What do you get when the Arc System Works worlds of Guilty Gear, BlazBlue and River City cross over? That would be Code Shifter on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Available to purchase and download from the usual digital stores, Code Shifter comes about from Arc System Works, running as a bit of a cross over title mixing in the likes of some of the developer’s most famous names – BlazBlue, the awesome River City and Guilty Gear no less.
Priced at £14.24 from the Xbox Store, with the PS4 and PC (Steam) versions coming in at £15.49, and the Nintendo Switch edition at £17.09, Code Shifter sees you thrown into the life of a software developer, Stella, as she creates, and then immerses herself into the latest debug program with this action platformer.
As with any debugging opportunities, this means fixing things up, and removing the latest game from the Awesome Rainbow Corp is the main mission – will you be able to help Stella and her team ensure the game is delivered on launch date. You best give it a go because you know how fickle our beloved gaming industry is with delays.
- Original style with a retro twist! – Enjoy the delightful graphics from titles past and present remixed with 2D watercolor and 8-bit pixel art.
- Game system – Players will explore the stage while transforming into various characters from different IPs created by Arc System Works! Successfully adapt and complete all stages using a large volume of 30 playable characters animated in 8-bit!
- Comedy – Take a break from debugging with a comedic story between the ARC staff Stella, Mozzie, Rudy, Hudson, and Greig.
- Arc System Works crossover – This game is a 2D 8-bit action game where various IPs created by Arc System Works crossover, players explore the stage while transforming into various characters animated in 8-bit. The IPs included in this game are all 25 titles of Arc System Works’ massive library! A large volume of 30 playable characters and 70 support characters are featured. A dream crossover between IPs are finally here!
- Brawl fighting action mode – In addition, the 4-player brawl fighting action “”Colorful Fighters”” is also included as an extra feature!
We’ll be able to let you know how things turn out when our full review of Code Shifter on Xbox One is live. For now though, hitting the links up above and spending some time with your favourite digital store is the best course of action.
Let us know if you decide to give it a shot. The comments are below.
The story takes place in the development offices of a software company, “”Awesome Rainbow Corp””. Trouble arises just as you’re gearing up to release the final version of the game! Many mysterious bugs are occurring, and time is running out! To deal with this situation, a programmer, Stella, whips up a debug program: “”CODE SHIFTER””. “”CODE SHIFTER”” will let Stella’s avatar “”Sera”” dive into the game and start fixing things up. Will Stella and her coworkers be able to find the origin of these bugs and deliver the game before the launch date?”