Ready to check out a brand new gothic universe in which you will find yourself hacking, slashing and casting your way through life? Moonfall Ultimate is coming!
Announced today by Wales Interactive and the development team at Fishcow Studio, Moonfall Ultimate promises a 2D side-scrolling, action RPG experience when it drops on to Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PS4 and PC this September. But when exactly in September? Well, we have most interest in the Xbox One version and are pleased to be able to tell you that will be arriving on 5th September 2018. Those on PS4, Switch and PC will be able to get hold of it a day earlier – the 4th September.
What is Moonfall Ultimate though? Well, simply put it’s a journey that takes you deep into a story about The Empire, a small kingdom that is under threat from a bunch of Savages. It is they which hunt a mysterious element known as Lunarium which resides in The Empire and that means you, a dauntless recruit, must protect the land at the front line.
Expect to be given the chance to choose from multiple classes, upgrade gear and take in some metroidvania-style exploration, all whilst focusing on strategic real-time combat. Thankfully you won’t have to go it alone though, and Moonfall Ultimate will cater for those who also wish to team up via 2-player coach co-op. You may just need it for the endless Arcade mode!
- Beautifully hand-painted 2D graphics full of detail and dark atmospherics.
- Play the Campaign or Endless Mode solo or grab a friend with the 2-player couch co-op support.
- Three character classes with unique active and passive abilities. Choose Vanguard, Elementalis or – Shadow to suit your play style.
- A sturdy levelling system and in-game economy which gives access to over 80 unique items. Fight, collect and upgrade!
- Action-packed combat system provides a diverse choice of dealing damage. A suitable strategy is the key to success.
- 13 open-ended and fully explorable levels with elements of the metroidvania genre and packed with quests, boss fights and notes expanding the lore.
- Over 60 tiered enemies, each with their own unique attack and defensive attributes.
“We are very pleased to be able to offer Moonfall Ultimate for our players on PC and consoles early in September 2018. We believe, that special game modes will delight many players, especially local multiplayer will bring a lot of fun. We are honored that we could cooperate with the professional team from Wales Interactive, and we are proud that our game will be published by such a successful British publisher. Together, we will try to bring more games of the high quality level in which players spend many great experiences that will remain in their memories for a long time.” Stefan Nitkulinec, Project Director at Fishcow Studio.
Will you be keeping one eye on the release of Moonfall Ultimate this September? We’ll of course remind you when it arrives but make sure you let us know your thoughts down in the comments below. Oh, and check out the trailer. Deffo check out the trailer!