Even as we slowly see silly season spin out, with all manner of great games promised and launched, there is one constant that every gamer wants to see – revolution. That’s exactly what is promised in Lemnis Gate as it arrives on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation and PC.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS4, PS5 and PC is the revolutionary new turn-based combat strategy FPS from Frontier Developments and Ratloop Games.
Available at an asking price of just £15.49 (honestly, this looks like it’s got enough to warrant double that price point), Lemnis Gate will ask you to think differently as you head into the time looped madness that it brings. You see, Lemnis Gate works on a 25 second looped round structure, as you and your opponent battle it out across mind-bending four-dimensional battles.
You are a deep-space operative, kitted out as you would think but equipped with a host of skills and ideas to allow yourself the chance to come out of the five-round affairs as top dog. A variety of loadouts will help with this, as will Lemnis Gate’s innovative new feature – an auto cooperative mode that sees you commanding every member of your team. This means that whilst there may just be two competitors in place, Lemnis Gate plays out as a ten-character match up. And the madness that means!
A host of game modes and match types are also present here, and with an endless number of possibilities and outcomes, this could well be a game that you find yourself heading back to time and time again. The full next-gen optimisation for Xbox Series X|S should well help with that.
In all there are a load of fantastic sounding ideas emanating from the Lemnis Gate base, with the key features of the game sitting as…
- THINK DIFFERENTLY – Matches in Lemnis Gate take place within time loops. You have 25 seconds to execute your action, be it blasting an enemy, manoeuvring your operative, or setting up your next move. After all players have taken turns, the next 25-second round begins. Now you’ll face what has happened while setting up what will happen. Each of the five rounds is your chance to alter the timeline as past, present, and future converge.
- A TIME-BENDING TACTICAL SHOOTER – With a varied cast of characters to choose from, how you play is up to you. Lay damaging toxic waste in your enemy’s path, slow time to land the perfect shot, or deploy protective orbs to assist your future self. Every operative possesses a distinctive loadout and special ability that proves decisive on the battlefield.
- TEAM UP WITH YOURSELF – Welcome to the team comprised entirely of one: you. With Lemnis Gate’s innovative auto co-op feature, you command every member of your side. Auto co-op gives you total control of five deep-space operatives, effectively enabling two competitors to duke it out in bustling ten-character matches. Become a literal one-person army.
- COUNTLESS POSSIBILITIES, ENDLESS OUTCOMES – From the first second to the last, anything can happen in Lemnis Gate. Each round is a fresh chance to implement an unbeatable new strategy – or earn redemption from an earlier error. Predict hostiles’ routes, infiltrate enemy lines, and develop multi-layered gameplans by co-operating with yourself. Experiment both in and outside time, and get creative with causality.
- A HOST OF MODES AND MATCHTYPES – Create a match to your preference. Pick between a 1v1 and 2v2 contest, online or offline. Select your mode amongst three thrilling spins on established genre staples. There’s Retrieve XM, in which you scramble to collect exotic matter and return it to your gate; Domination, which is about competing to capture zones; and Seek & Destroy, where you attempt to wreck your opponent’s Resistors. Whether teaming up with a friend for “hotseat” local multiplayer, or pitting your operatives against online rivals, Lemnis Gate lets you set the board to suit your style.
Sold? You’ll find the Xbox Store, PlayStation Store and your favourite PC shop holding the keys to the downloads you need for Lemnis Gate to work nicely on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS4, PS5 and PC. It’s on Xbox Game Pass too.
Keep an eye out for our upcoming review to see how Lemnis Gate revolutionises the game.
Lemnis Gate is a time-warping, turn-based, multiplayer combat strategy FPS. Over five alternating turns taking place in a 25” time-loop, you are called to master the unique abilities of a varied cast of deep-space operatives and outskill, outsmart, and outmanoeuvre your opponent in mind-bending, four-dimensional battles.