If you’re looking for a top down racer on Xbox One, then there is little better than Mantis Burn Racing. But indie developer and publisher, Voofoo Studios understood that it could be better still and have delivered the first Xbox One patch for the game.
Whilst PS4 and PC players received a little update a few weeks back, Xbox One owners have had to wait until now to feel the full force of Voofoo’s efforts. Right now you can grab the update for Mantis Burn Racing and it adds in a few new features, fixes and general enhancements.
“We’re committed to supporting Mantis Burn Racing® long-term and we want to encourage and support the multiplayer community, so we’re really pleased that today’s update brings some notable improvements to the online experience for our players” said Mark Williams, VooFoo Studio’s Technology Director.
The full patch runs as follows:
- New ‘Spotlight’ event added – Play single-screen multiplayer in a battle to remain within the spotlight and be the final racer standing!
- AI drivers can now be selected to fill the grid of online races
- Extensive online stability improvements
- Improved online lobby structure to allow players to race against AI while their lobby fills with human opponents
- ‘Punching above your weight’, ‘The bigger they are’ and ‘I’ll bring it back without a scratch’ trophies now never blocked from being unlocked
- New ‘Far’ camera option
- Players XP level now displayed in online lobbies
- Gear reward summary now shown post-race
- Online leader board now shown post-race
- Improved car-to-car collision physics
- Mechanic tutorials added for Overtake and Hotlap events as well as x2 upgrades
- Boost colour now shown dynamically in the garage
- Improved vehicle stat bar calculation
- Option to permanently show players Gamer Tag above their vehicle
- Ability to fast switch between career seasons
- Highlighted career events now auto-scroll when joystick held in any direction
- Time bonus for overtaking vehicles in the weekly Overtake challenge
- XP line UI graphic tweaks
- Weekly Challenge distance units now change dynamically with players selection
- Overtake bug fixed that could cause the event to end prematurely
- Improved logic for vehicle overtaking
- Frame rate performance enhancements
- AI tweaks
- Audio tweaks
- Extensive engine audio enhancements
- General bug fixes and polish
- Fixed an issue where certain Achievements would be unlocked at the wrong times
- Fixed a potential crash when changing screen resolution.
- Minor cosmetic bug fixes.
If you want to know more about Mantis Burn Racing on Xbox One, and haven’t yet dropped the cash on a purchase, then you should wait no more. Have a read of our full review and then make your way to the Xbox Games Store to get your download in.