DayZ may have spent the best part of half a decade sitting in Steam Early Access, before launching in 2018 and then earlier this year on Xbox One and PS4, but the amendments and expansions didn’t stop there with full release – and today we’re seeing the latest expansion pack hit the game… Livonia.
Available to purchase and download into the DayZ base game right now, Livonia on Xbox One, PS4 and PC provides access to a brand new map, alongside the addition of the 1.06 update.
Taking the Livonia map for starters and Bohemia Interactive have created no less than 163 km2 of new terrain for you to stumble around, giving opportunities to explore lush landscapes, dense forests, winding rivers, serene lakes, murky swamps, and an array of dilapidated structures that tell the story of an abandoned society.
That may sound daunting for many, and you’d be right to think that, as even the most veteran of DayZ players will have to bring their A-game if they want to survive for longer than five seconds in this strange, unfamiliar land. Expect supplies to be scarce, the wilderness to be deadlier-than-ever, and the erratic weather to test every survivor’s endurance.
Key features include:
- New massive world to explore – At 163 km2, Livonia is big enough to provide you with hours of exploration as you learn the lay of the land. Its varied landscapes and numerous landmarks provide an abundance of places for players to take shelter, build a base, and hide from both the infected and other survivors.
- Idyllic environment – This Eastern European terrain covers the southern Topolin-Nadbór region of the larger Polish-speaking country of Livonia. The new topography brings lush green landscapes, dense forests, overgrown fields, winding rivers, serene lakes, murky swamps, an array of dilapidated structures, and various remnants of an abandoned society.
- Frequent Encounters – The new map is the perfect size for survivors looking for player-interactions. Whether friendly or hostile, you’ll stumble upon other players much more often in Livonia.
- Fresh hunting ground – Livonia’s food supply is scarce, and players wanting to survive will have to quickly learn how to forage, fish, and hunt in this new wilderness to keep from starving. Luckily, Livonia is home to a plethora of wildlife for survivors to live off. But beware: alongside this delicious fauna a new threat roams the post-apocalyptic world of DayZ, and it comes in the form of the Eurasian Brown Bear. Watch out!
- Erratic weather – The temperate late-summer climate of Livonia, although usually quite pleasant, brings frequent rainfall and severe thunderstorms. This unpredictable and relentless weather will pose an additional challenge for survivors, as you’ll have to keep a keen eye open for protective gear and shelter to shield yourself from the unforgiving elements.
Livonia comes complete as a standalone expansion pack which will appeal to those who already have the base game of DayZ to hand, and it is this which will set you back £11.74 from the Xbox Store, or the PS4 and PC equivalents.
Further though and there is also a rather neat bundle in place, bringing together the base game with Livonia together as one – with a neat cash saving as well. The DayZ Livonia Edition will cost you £45.99.
Alongside the DLC release, Bohemia Interactive continues its commitment to post-launch support for DayZ with its 1.06 update, which applies to both base and expansion maps, and adds more weapons, attachments, fishing, bears, throwing improvements, and numerous other additions, fixes, and tweaks.
Does this mean it’s now time for you to delve into the DayZ world? Let us know in the comments below.
Livonia is the brand-new DLC map for DayZ, allowing players to experience the hardcore survival hit in a whole new environment. Up to 60 players on a server will be tasked with a single goal: survive this new unfamiliar land for as long as possible, by any means necessary.