First revealed back in 2020, with hope of a 2021 release on Xbox, PlayStation and PC sitting along with it, Die by the Blade is finally coming – and today that all-important release date has become known.
A 1v1 weapons-focused fighter, Die by the Blade looks to have some serious samurai skills about it. A game in which victory or death is dictated by a single swipe of the blade, it’ll be up to you to work your magic and hone your skills as you carve your way through a gritty samurai-punk world.
Running as a solo campaign or as you look to crush your foes either locally or online, however you play Die by the Blade, you’ll have your trusty weapon by your side. But you’ll need to be on your guard at all times as this runs a one-hit kill system, leaving absolutely no room for error.
Working combos, mastering parries and keeping your reflexes sharp will see success in Die by the Blade. Fail on any of those three counts and you’ll be left as the loser.
To become a master samurai, you’ll need to make the most of the following key features…
- One-hit-kill – All it takes is one slice in tense, one-hit-kill based combat
- Choose your playstyle – A diverse array of weapons with different movesets
- Multiplayer showdowns – Take the battle online with ranked online modes
- Customisation – Tailor your character’s style to the way you see fit
- Brutal encounters – Dismember your opponents with brutal precision
- Welcome to samurai-punk – A unique art style that merges a cyberpunk aesthetic with Japanese-inspired themes
Sound good? Great, because Die by the Blade will be here before you know it, releasing on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC come November 3rd 2022. There will be a Switch version dropping in 2023.
For now, take in the release date reveal trailer and then hold tight as we give you a shout come release day. You can wishlist it on Steam too if you like.