Captain’s Log: there appears to be another Star Trek Online expansion breaching the console market; the fourteenth of its kind to be exact. We’ve just received word on the full details of Season 14 from our scouts.
Season 14 of Star Trek Online, titled Emergence, has arrived on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, bringing an expansive new colony world to the free-to-play MMORPG. In the featured episode of this expansion, “Melting Pot”, captains area taken to the brand new world of Dranuur, which was recently established by the Lukari and the Kentari. Players must join Starfleet Captain Geordi La Forge (voiced by Star Trek legend, LeVar Burton) and help fight off a terrible threat to the newly discovered world – the Tzenkethi.
Season 14 – Emergence introduces several new gameplay features, including a new colony-based Fleet Holding, two new Fleet defense queues and an all-new Primary Specialization. A full list of new content introduced with this update can be found below:
- New Featured Episode – The new season opens with the featured episode “Melting Pot” which sends players on a mission to explore a new colony world with Captain Geordi La Forge.
- New Fleet Holding – Captains can build a full-scale Fleet Holding on the Lukari-Kentari colony. Now the game’s largest Fleet Holding, it is also the first holding since Starbases to feature five full tiers of progression with rewards.
- New Primary Specialization and Bridge Officer Class – The new Primary Specialization, “The Miracle Worker,” allows captains to excel in engineering abilities, such as weapon enhancement and healing. Bridge officers can also be trained to specialize in the same skills.
- Colony Defense Event – Fleets can generate a holographic invasion to help them train and earn both individual rewards and items to progress their new Fleet Holding.
- Fleet Holding Defense Queues – The Lukari-Kentari colony is home to two defense queues against the Tzenkethi – one on ground and one in space.
- Free Kilt and Skant Giveaway – From now through November 28 at 6pm UK time, players can visit the “Promotions” tab of the C-Store on both Xbox One and PS4 to claim a free Kilt and Skant, made famous by Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Not bad for a free update eh? If you don’t already play Star Trek Online, why not give it a go today? After all, it won’t cost you a penny to download and there’s a ton of stuff to do!