Taking everything that has been learnt from the series over the years, throwing in no less than thirty-nine characters, and building on the 3-on-3 team battle system like never before, The King of Fighters XV launches on Xbox, PlayStation and PC.
Available right now to purchase and download on Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PS5, all made possible via the Deluxe Edition of the game which grants three days early access, The King of Fighters XV from SNK Corporation and Koch Media will allow players the chance to continue the fight and the tale that is nearly as old as time.
The King of Fighters XV is the latest edition of The King of Fighters franchise, bringing together heroes from the Orochi, NESTS and Ash Sagas together as one, ensuring that the story which plays out will climax in the most explosive way.
The Deluxe Edition is the version you’ll want to get your hands on today – unless you can wait until the 17th Feb when the Standard Edition arrives on Xbox, PlayStation and PC – and by dropping the £69.99 asking price will see full access granted, some three days ahead of time.
When you do get in, you’ll find a ton of content too. There’s those thirty-nine characters for one, bringing forth some of the most popular from the series with fan favourites and those that help push the narrative forward. There are also plans for a couple of DLC packs too – Team Garou and Team South Town – with the Deluxe Edition containing those when the time comes; you’re looking at March and May drops there.
The Standard Edition (£49.99) will probably be the best bet for those looking for a first entry into The King of Fighters series, with the base game allowing full access to the 3-on-3 battle system, all the special moves you could ever want, online play and more. Just be aware that if you’re an Xbox player, you’ll need to be on Series X|S – there is zero love for Xbox One here.
Key features include:
- – A total of 39 characters are participating! – Classic popular characters, revived characters, new characters, and more! The most epic dream match in KOF history is about to begin!
- – KOF’s story reaches its climax! – The latest KOF Saga continues from the previous title in Story Mode. This time, the story is coming to an explosive climax!
- – The culmination of the series’ battle system – Inheriting the series’ traditional 3-on-3 team battle, KOF XV also features a new system. Enjoy an unprecedented sense of speed and freshness!
- – Easy and versatile online play – Rollback netcode has been adopted to reduce lag in online matches. There are also a variety of battle options that allow you to choose how you want to play!
- – KOF is fully packed with content to enjoy – Includes a Gallery with movies and voices, and a new DJ STATION with over 300 popular songs from the KOF series and more.
We’re currently working on a full review of The King of Fighters XV and will be sure to deliver our thoughts as to how this plays on Xbox Series X|S in the coming days. For now though, head to your favourite digital store and pick up the download you need.
The King of Fighters XV is playable on Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC.
Since its debut in 1994, the KOF fighting game series has been driving the world to the excitement with its appealing characters and unique game system. Six years have passed since the last title in the series, and now KOF XV surpasses all of its predecessors in terms of graphics, systems, and online experience!