Previously picking up acclaim through Steam, the weird and wonderful Eastward surprise drops onto Xbox, making the most of Game Pass along the way.
Available to purchase and download, either through a cash outlay of £21.74 or through the power of Game Pass on Xbox or PC, Eastward is the BAFTA-nominated 2D adventure affair by Chucklefish and Pixpil.
Eastward takes us into a near-future world, one where society is on the verge of collapse; humanity at an all-time low. You see, a toxic presence has started to creep across the world, taking down, destroying and devouring everything in its path.
It’s up to you to join Eastward’s unlikely protagonist pairing of John and Sam as you head out on a wicked new adventure – one full of bizarre settlements and even more bizarre folk.
The key features of the game include:
- A single player, dual character adventure RPG with puzzle-solving and dungeon elements
- Joining John and Sam in their emotional journey across a world falling to ruin
- Meeting a quirky cast of characters, encounter strange monsters and distant cities
- Beautifully rich pixel art, created using a combination of modern 3D lighting and
- retro-pixel style artwork
- Soundtrack composed by Joel Corelitz (Death Stranding, Halo Infinite, The Unfinished Swan, Gorogoa), with sound design from Irish studio, Hyperduck Soundworks
£21.74 is the asking price from the Xbox Store, playable on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S or PC. We’d suggest it would make utter sense to grab a copy through Game Pass though; if you’re then sold, pay up. Expect about thirty hours of gameplay to be found within.
Look out for a review from us soon.
Next stop… Eastward! Escape the tyrannical clutches of Potcrock Isle’s subterranean society and join Eastward’s unlikely duo on an exciting adventure to the land above! Discover beautiful yet bizarre settlements and make new friends as you travel across the world by rail. Combine John and Sam’s skills to solve dungeon puzzles, take down unusual enemies, and survive the deadly miasma. Can you uncover the truth behind Sam’s mystic powers and bring back harmony to Eastward’s ravaged lands?