If story-rich action adventures are your thing, then The Wild at Heart on Xbox, Game Pass and PC is looking like being an absolutely nailed on success. I mean, how can you not adore something that brings visuals that are so damn glorious?
Available to purchase and download right now for £20.99 on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC, or playable for free to those with an Xbox Game Pass subscription (that’s everyone, yeah!?), The Wild at Heart looks to take us to the Deep Woods, before pushing us through a magical yet mysterious hidden realm in which we follow the adventures of two precocious little kids.
The Wild at Heart will give players the opportunity to command a swarm of the most unique of creatures, as they go about battling wicked wildlife and supernatural foes. With your army of spritelings at your beck and call, the battling side of The Wild at Heart pretty much runs itself, but in and amongst the action are crafting opportunities, the chance to discover the truth of the world you are in and more; that more being the need to collect magic crystals and resources.
Theres a lot going on in The Wild at Heart with all of the following sitting in and around the key features…
- Amass your Horde – Collect and deploy a swarm of quirky Spritelings; small magical creatures for you to command. Break stuff, collect loot, fight enemies, build new paths, and more!
- Explore – A unique and sequestered world rich with centuries full of lore. Woods, caves, coastline, ancient shrines… The Deep Woods is full of puzzles to be solved and secrets waiting to be uncovered.
- Collect & Craft – Gather rare resources like magical crystals, scrap, electrical components and more to build new structures, items, and upgrades!
- Battle – Take on precarious wildlife and supernatural foes with the unique abilities of your Spriteling swarm and your trusty vacuum, the Gustbuster!
- Nightfall – “The dark is bad!” – A common saying among the denizens of the Deep Woods, and for good reason. Malevolent beings lurk in the shadows here and you may just find yourself wanting to stay near a campfire light until sunrise.
Should you be sold (and we’re not sure who wouldn’t be), you’ll find The Wild at Heart downloadable on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC. It’s fully X|S optimised too. If you are going to pay for it, expect to stump up £20.99, but we suspect most will utilise Xbox Game Pass freeness and then take it from there.
Keep an eye out for our full review of The Wild at Heart on Xbox real soon.
A mysterious hidden realm. Two precocious kids fleeing hardship. Magical creatures and an oddball order of guardians who have lost their way. A stygian evil imprisoned. Welcome to the Deep Woods.