Golf is back as 2K and HB Studios release PGA Tour 2K21 on to Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Google Stadia and PC. If you’re serious about the shots, busting for a birdie, or extremely excited for an eagle, this is the golf game you need in your life.
Coming complete with the PGA Tour star Justin Thomas frequenting the cover, PGA Tour 2K21 comes about via those previously behind the rather tasty The Golf Club 2019. With 2K overseeing things, and the skills of HB Studios pulling the big hitting shots, chances are that the arrival of PGA Tour 2K21 could well allow for a triumphant return of the golfing game.
Priced at £49.99 for the Standard Edition, or £59.99 for those wishing to take home the Deluxe Edition that contains extra in-game currency, some gold plated gear through the Golden Touch Pack and multiple enhancements via the 2K / adidas CodeChaos MyPLAYER Pack, PGA TOUR 2K21 offers plenty of opportunties.
No matter which edition you take home though, PGA Tour 2K21 has got you sorted in terms of content. The all-new PGA TOUR Career mode will of course be the main draw for many, giving you the chance to go from a lonely nobody right up to becoming the FedExCup Champion, taking on all the pros along the way. Risk and reward with each and every shot will see you treated right, with multiple awards and gear additions dropping into your bag as you go.
You’ll need them too as PGA TOUR 2K21 will see you playing against no less than 11 different real-world pros, over some of the most iconic courses in the world. All the bunkers, the greens, the fairways and the tees that are infamous across the globe will be here as you compete in straight up matchplay, stroke play, Alt-Shot, Skins and other rules.
And don’t think you’ll be going alone. Golf may be a good walk ruined for some, but those like-minded folk will find nothing better than spending time traversing the fairways with friends with both local and online matches available. Oh, and you can even utilise the Online Societies option to create games that run by your own rules.
Throw in a MyPLAYER option that lets you customise your player massively, and a course designer that comes complete with 1000s of different options, and it’s easy to see why there is much excitement for PGA TOUR 2K21 on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Google Stadia and PC.
- ALL-NEW PGA TOUR CAREER MODE – Prove you’ve got what it takes to become FedExCup Champion. Take on PGA TOUR Pros during your very own career, earning rewards and gear along the way.
- PGA TOUR PROS AND NEW COURSES – Play against Justin Thomas and 11 top pros on stunning, real-life courses including TPC Sawgrass, East Lake Golf Club, and more.
- BUILD YOUR MYPLAYER & DREAM COURSE – Create and personalize your MyPLAYER with equipment and apparel from brands you love. Design your ultimate course with 1,000s of custom options.
- DOMINATE THE GREEN AT ANY SKILL LEVEL – Rookies can take advantage of real-time tutorials, tips and shot suggestions. Already a pro? Master your game with Pro Vision, Distance Control, Putt Preview, and other innovations.
- GET THE PARTY STARTED – Hit the links with friends by playing local and online matches, including Alt-Shot, Stroke Play, Skins and 4-Player Scramble.
- MAKE YOUR OWN RULES – Command your Clubhouse with Online Societies. Run full seasons and tournaments and earn bragging rights on the course. Create entry rules and requirements as well as handicap and event settings.
- THE MOST REALISTIC COURSES EVER – Real-world scanning brings the fairway, green, bunkers, trees, lakes and ponds to life! True-to-form PGA TOUR broadcast presentation features slick graphics, dynamic cut-scenes and a seamless replay system, all anchored by the play-by-play commentary of Luke Elvy and Rich Beem.
Our full review will be coming along at some point to let you know how it all plays out, but for now you’ll discover the usual digital stores more than willing to provide you the access required. Hit up your favourire – hint: the Xbox Store is here – and let us know what you think of the whole golf revival that is coming about through PGA TOUR 2K21 by dropping into the comments. Will it have what it takes to make it onto the ‘best golf games on Xbox One‘ list?
There are also a number of Currency packs available too, ranging from 500 in-game coinage for £3.99 right up to 6000 for £39.99.
Play against the pros. Play with your crew. In PGA TOUR 2K21, you can play by the rules or create your own!